The Cleveland Clinic and many other hospitals and organizations across the country offer programs on health and nutrition that can help you live a healthy life. The Cleveland Clinic lists 7 things you need to eat and do to live a healthy life.
- Eat at least 7 helping of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Choose whole grain more often. Packages are now labeled with whole grain, multigrain , etc. Read the labels!
- Limit your meat consumption. Chicken and fish are the recommended meats by every organization that deals with healthy living. Processed meats are not to be included in your diet, or to be kept to a very minimum.
- Consume foods rich in calcium and vitamin D. While exercising, aim to get fifteen minutes of sun exposure
- The way you cook your meals is important. Poaching eggs instead of frying them can help you maintain a healthy weight. Steaming vegetables instead of frying them, or microwaving them is always preferable.
- Get active. If you start slowly is better than not starting at all. Dedicate a set time where you exercise regardless of whether you have dishes in the sink, or laundry to switch. Choose a time where it’s very probable you’ll make it. It will become a habit if you stick to it for a week or two.
- And last but not least, Keep a healthy body weight. It is so hard to start when you have 30 or more pounds to loose, that you get discouraged. But, remember the weight didn’t come overnight, and having a healthy body weight lets you live longer. Isn’t that worth the effort?
Before I close this, there is something you need to check out as well. The trackers online allow you to create a profile to find out what and how much to eat. You can enter basic information, and they will have a personalized plan for you to explore. Check it out and see if it fits your lifestyle. GO! and let us know if it works for you.